If you’re looking for Buford GA real estate, our site is designed to help you find exactly what you need. If our quick search doesn’t give you a complete list of the Buford GA real estate you’re looking for, sign up for your own listing manager account so we can notify you when property comes on the market that fits your criteria.
Major domestic and international companies have established operations in Buford. The Buford Dam has become a major source of power for the state, and Lake Lanier Islands is recognized as a premier recreational development in the Southeast.
Buford was originally called “The Leather City” because it was known as a historic tannery town. The city is home to the Buford Artists Colony, where over 30 artists make and sell art, pottery, jewelry and furniture in the shops of Main Street Buford.
For more than 60 years Buford was the largest city in Gwinnett County and during most of that time it had the only significant industrial development in the county.
Points of Interest in Buford GA:
– Lake Sidney Lanier – With over 692 miles of shoreline, the lake is well known for its aqua-blue colored water, spectacular scenery and variety of recreational activities from fishing, camping, boating, picnicking and swimming;
– Museum of Buford – depicting the history of Buford in photographs and fine art selections.
- Total area – 14.8 square miles
- Population in 2013- 12.962
- Median age of residents – 37.5 years old
- Median income for a family – $49,899
Buford has an independent city school system with local control of elementary, middle and high schools. More than 10 major universities are within a 50 mile radius.
Buford GA Real Estate
If there is any information about Buford GA real estate you cannot find here at our website, please let us know and we’ll do our best to assist you.