If you’re looking for Canton GA homes for sale, our site is designed to help you find exactly what you need. If our quick search doesn’t give you a complete list of the Canton GA homes for sale you’re looking for, sign up for your own listing manager account so we can notify you when property comes on the market that fits your criteria.
Located in Cherokee County, Canton is the county seat and is one of the fastest growing cities in Georgia.
The city was named after the world-renowned producer of silk in China because the founders of Canton wanted it to become the centre of silk production in the West. However, the city became famous not because of the silk but due to the production of cotton and its world-renowned Canton Denim.
The city has come a long way from a mill town to a city of prosperity and now it is enjoying the greatest boom in its history. Canton enjoys commercial and residential growth with many projects underway including; park and sidewalk renovations; public transportation improvements; and the creation of new job sites.
The close proximity of the Blue Ridge Mountains and the Etowah River offers visitors and residents of Canton some spectacular views and a wide range of activities.
Point of Interest in Canton, GA
– The Canton Theatre – First opened in 1911, the theatre still features plays and other special entertainment events throughout the year;
– Heritage Park – Covers over 30 acres and it offers a great choice of pedestrian and bike trails and a natural amphitheater;
– Hickory Log Creek Dam – One of the most important projects in Canton that will ensure long-term protection of growing water supply needs and will become a recreational asset to the community;
- Total area – 14.3 square miles
- Population in 2014 – 19,553
- Median age of residents – 31 years old
- Median income for a family – $48,906
Canton GA Homes for Sale:
If there is any information about Canton GA homes for sale that you cannot find here at our website, please let us know and we’ll do our best to assist you.