If you’re looking for Suwanee GA homes for sale, our site is designed to help you find exactly what you need. If our quick search doesn’t give you a complete list of the Suwanee GA homes for sale you’re looking for, sign up for your own listing manager account so we can notify you when property comes on the market that fits your criteria.
Suwanee is located in Gwinnett County, Georgia, 16 miles East of Roswell, and 27 miles Northeast of Atlanta. Suwanee GA homes for sale are surrounded by distinctive parks and high quality mixed use developments. Suwanee was voted in the Top 10 Best Places to Live by Money Magazine in 2007.
Suwanee began as a small agricultural town with strong ties to the railroad. Today, the city is working hard to retain its small town charm while growing in innovative ways.
Several progressive, high-tech firms have locations in Suwanee, among them Dish Network, Echo Star, Google, Hewlett-Packard, and Mitsubishi Electric.
Points of Interest in Suwanee, Georgia:
– Town Center Park – the 10 acre park is the community’s primary gathering place for all types of special events. Its amphitheater stage provides a backdrop for concerts and other performances that draw audiences from around the region.
– Suwanee Creek Greenway – a hard-surface, multipurpose trail that meanders through four miles of wooded areas, wetlands, and wildlife habitat. (Photo above). The greenway connects nearly 400 acres of parkland as well as residential and commercial areas.
- Total area – 10.8 square miles
- Population – 17,688
- Median age of residents – 34 years old
- Median income for a family – $91,519
Suwanee students attend school in the Gwinnett County school system widely regarded as the best in the state as evidenced by high test scores and other school achievements.
Suwanee is just 15 minutes from Georgia Gwinnett College and Gwinnett Tech and nearly as close to numerous world-class universities.
The Atlanta area is home to more than 30 institutions of higher education, among the most prominent of which are Emory University, Georgia Tech, Georgia State University, and Oglethorpe University. The University of Georgia in Athens is less than an hour northeast of Suwanee.
Gwinnett Technical College recently was named a co-recipient of a $1.9 million grant for the establishment of the Georgia Bioscience Technology Institute, which will serve to advance bioscience educational opportunities.
Suwanee GA Homes For Sale:
Home buyers will find that Suwanee GA homes for sale come in a variety of styles and size. The median home value for the area is $245,000, but with options in all price ranges. Out-of-state buyers are usually pleasantly surprised at the amount of house they can get for their money.
If there is any information about Suwanee GA homes for sale that you cannot find here at our website, please let us know and we’ll do our best to assist you.